Sunday, June 23, 2013

Make Hay....

Straw to Gold























I'm still making  "word " beads. This week  I tweaked them into toggle clasps.I have been thinking quite a bit about what words to use.

I love jewelry with whole quotes .
Everyday I wear 2 simple stamped metal bracelets
One says "If life gives you limes make margaritas "
the other says  " Living in their pools, They soon forget about the sea "
both useful inspiration to keep life's little trails inperspective

Whole quotes can be wonderful. However, adding a single word to a design gives the meaning some flexibility. Don't we all  embrace "hope" a bit differently . Don't we all dream a slightly different dream?
So far I have been using the most familiar  words. Partly because they seem to be the best ones,and partly because they fit on my beads ...LOL!

But, I have found one remarkable thing..
Concentrating on a single word has put me in a"stop and smell the roses "frame of mind.
 Somehow the effort to  simplify my thoughts ,has made me stop and appreciate the simple pleasures in life.
This week the field in front of my house was cut , raked and bailed.
I spent hours admiring it in every light . I reflected on the colors ,patterns and the act of harvest itself.
The photo above is of the morning sun turning the rows of straw into gold.....
this week seek the simple pleasures
and
Bead Happy,
m.e.

No comments:

Post a Comment