Sunday, March 24, 2013

Thinking ,Refecting ,Resting .....

Reflecting


















Next week ,March 30 ,is the  first 2013 Bead Soup reveal !
I can't wait !!!
I'm in group #2 . The reveal date is April 6.
I have a while to bring my ideas to life. This week I did make some new bird toggles for my shop . But, most of my free  time has been spent gazing at my soup mix. I've been thinking about the possibles .
Just how far out of my comfort zone will I go ?  This Bead Soup Blog Hop has an added bonus . Participants will be able to enter a design contest judged by some big names in beads!  And there will be prizes !!! Will my design be influenced by the contest categories ?
 Do you create first and then fit the piece into a category?
Or do you design with a certain theme in mind?
I have been reflecting on past Bead Soup creations. I've been mulling over photos of  what I made and wonderful designs made by others .
I have some different ideas in mind . I want to finish them up well ahead of time .That way I will have time to let the design rest a bit .
A few days of rest and I can revisit the piece to be sure it's just the way I want it .Have you ever gotten ready to photograph a design only to find it has  a flaw that has gone unnoticed? I don't mean the lovely wabi sabi quality of handmade...I mean an obvious mistake !
Real soup and bead soup are best tasted after they sit a bit .
I'm off to the design board  to work on my soup..................
This week try letting a design rest ,before you proclaim it finished
and
Bead Happy
m.e.
Simmering Soup & new Bird Toggles for the shop

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you cook up! looks like a wonderful soup!

    ReplyDelete