Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year Reflections

Sunrise January 1, 2011
What better inspiration for the New Year than a Gorgeous Sunrise!!! This one was right outside my front door !!!
2010 brought me my  share of joy and my share of sorrow .
But ,all  in all ,it was another  year of wonder. I try every day to appreciate each little gift I'm given.I try to "stop and smell the roses". There are so many wonders in life we miss  if we don't take time notice what's around us.

It's snowing at my house today .Outside my window the world is frosty white.But ,inside at my clay table ,my beads are the shades of  the Sunrise ! Winter is still be working it's frozen magic on the world of nature However,my world of beads has moved on to Springtime ! I suppose on many levels its good to live in the here and now. But,I do enjoy the opportunity to dwell a bit in the future. When you sell what you create ,you always  need to be  looking ahead .You must keep up with new trends ,seasonal colors and designs ! 
I LOVE it !!!. I can't see flowers outside my window today.
But, my work table is filled with cheerful blossoms!!!

As I sit here enjoying my field of  flower beads,I am reflecting a bit on the past year. What ideas will I   leave behind ,what ideas will I carry forward ?What inspired me last year ?How did I grow as an artist ?What changes did I make?What changes do I need to make?

The term  NEW year implies I can start fresh .I can change what needs changing and hold on to what is  worth keeping.I can evolve and grow .Both my beads and my business will have another new year to prosper and bring me joy!!!
As you reflect on 2010,
what new things might be in store for you ? 
Wonderful bead adventures I hope!!!
in 2011 may we all
Bead Happy !
 m.e.

5 comments:

  1. I love the sunrises that provide just a brief but brilliant flash of vivid colors. What's in store for me for the new year? I'm opening an Etsy store for my beading. :D It's scary and exciting and daunting. I don't have a business degree so I'm reading, reading, reading to get it going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathryn,
    I'm so excited about your new store!!!
    It's sure to be wonderful!
    A true beading adventure for you this year!
    m.e. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Ellen---I just read that you've joined the Bead Soup Party! Wooooooooooooohoooooooooo! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by to say Hi to fellow bloggers who are participating in Lori's Bead Soup.
    Can't wait to see what you will create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I know is it's going to be a crazy year!

    ReplyDelete