Saturday, December 11, 2010

Expect the Unexpected


The weather has turned bitter cold at my house.
I'm staying inside where it's cozy and warm !
Most of my flower inspiration has been coming from photos and my memory.But, I did venture outside to enjoy my yard with a sparkling dusting of snow. I'm so glad I did!
I discovered a tiny treasure,a frozen rose bud made more beautiful with a coating of frost !

I was hoping to find some winter white inspiration in my snowy garden. But, I found something unexpected ! I love the mulberry tones of the frozen rose bud. And I love the special sparkle the frost gives it . In the summer these roses are pink and velvety.
I never expected to find one lone bud in my winter garden.
It's unique look really inspired me . All week I've been working in a mulberry palette . I've been adding metallic inks and glass micro beads to add that frosty feeling.
The color seems a bit Victorian to me . Nice for last minute Christmas designs!Perfect for some old fashioned Valentines Day creations ! Funny how beaders are always looking ahead to the next holiday!

Holidays are a time for tradition .They are a time to celebrate cherished rituals .
This is the time of the year I want to enjoy all the expected holiday treats and trimmings!
But , in the midst of your celebration
don't forget to keep an eye out for the unexpected
and be sure to
Bead Happy !
m.e.


1 comment: