Friday, July 10, 2009

How I Sea Things

I'm still reliving my wonderful experiences from my Florida Keys vacation .
My daughter was so excited to have the opportunity to use our new underwater camera
She had decided to concentrate on "things that stay still" ,like corals ,until she honed her skills.
But ,this turtle had other ideas !
It swam by just luring us to follow .
We had over 20 minutes of awe inspiring time ,swimming along with this wonderful creature.

My daughter was thrilled with her many wonderful turtle photos!
We will always treasure this "once in a life time shot "and the memory of the special moment we shared.

The first creation directly inspired by my trip had to be a turtle .
Most of my work is part nature as it is ..part nature as I imagine it .
My pendant is a bit like the turtle I saw .But, I used a fanciful cane to add the magic the encounter held for me .

I think this is the gift art gives us .
Artists (I use the term loosely to describe myself) are able share the world as they experience it
When we share our creations we are sharing the moments of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a fantastic time! That must have been wonderful to do! I still hope someday that dream may be mine! Love your little turtle.

    ReplyDelete