Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September ABS Challenge

 
Autumn Vineyard
Time for the September ABS Challenge !
http://artbeadscene.blogspot.com/2013/09/september-monthly-challenge_3.html
This month's painting has a gorgeous color palette !
It includes the rich gold washed  tones of early fall.
I am in love with these colors.
However,this month it was the theme that inspired me.
Perhaps few people are aware that in Maryland we have some wonderful local wineries .
In fact, I got married at one of my favorites!
Our local wineries host frequent music,art and tasting events.
 A perfect way to spend a day with friends and support small local businesses . To me local wines fit into the 'Handmade"  category .
"Buy Handmade" is a cause I believe in.Plus I like wine ..LOL!
 If you have not explored the local wineries in your area , do so ,you might be pleasantly surprised.
My creation this month is a fantasy piece .  A branch of grapes,  juicy ripe and ready for harvest .
This could be classified as a statement piece.Sometimes that term can be synonymous with"not wearer friendly" . However, this necklace does drape comfortably around my neck . My polymer clay beads are large. But, the clay is so lightweight, I barely know I'm wearing it.
Just for fun ,I added some recycled wine bottle rings from Objects and Elements .http://objectsandelements.com/shop
I tried to capture the lushness of a vineyard on a Sunny Autumn afternoon.
However , I  think I will wear this piece to an evening dinner of wine and  music.
this week enjoy a local wine
and Bead Happy

m.e.


10 comments:

  1. gorgeous, and really plays off the theme - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful necklace! I makes me think of cool fall evenings with a glass of wine.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your collar. very clever.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Everything is just gorgeous! Love the coloring!
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the post it was really nice. I always like to read your post. There are very easy and simple steps for HP printer paper jam issue by our expert. For more detail visit our website or call our toll-free anytime 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very Amazing and Very Informative blog we get a lot of information from this blog we really appreciate your team work keep it up and keep posting such an informative blog. Roku helps you in watching TV shows movies with the help of apps. One who is looking to buy a new tv, a Roku tv can replace it with all Roku functionality in it. From this blog, you will know more About Roku link account.

    ReplyDelete