Sunday, February 17, 2013

Recipes for Soup

Cooking up some Bead Soup














Bead Soup 2013 is cooking .
http://www.amazon.com/Bead-Soup-Projects-Happens-Beaders/dp/0871164426/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1341104618&sr=8-2&keywords=bead+soup
For me it's the Superbowl of beading
permit me a little segue .... way ta go Baltimore RAVENS  !!! 
k ..back to beads
My partner is  Melissa Mesara
http://www.one-earedpig.blogspot.com/
By mutual agreement ,we will be mailing out our soup mixes tomorrow .
Rules of the challenge include working outside your comfort zone
http://lorianderson-beadsoupblogparty.blogspot.com/
But ,how far out is too far?
How do you balance trying new things with developing a personal style?
To keep our designs fresh and interesting we should branch out .
However,for those of us that sell our creations, a recognizable style is a plus.
When I think I'm trying something brand new , am I inadvertently choosing from my comfort zone?
Can I choose something entirely new and make the component or technique my own?
Sometimes I feel like a mime in an invisible  box.
I'm pushing from all sides unable to get out .
That's why I LOVE  Bead Soup ! Somebody else picks the ingredients.
I know my own taste didn't influence the choices.
I have the opportunity to  take my surprise ingredients and make them into a soup I  like.
Sometimes a big challenge ! But ,always great FUN!
If you didn't get to sigh up for Bead Soup 2013 , consider pairing up with a friend .
Each of you can create a bead mix for the other .
Be sure to select"out of comfort zone components " .
see what you can create
and Bead Happy!
m.e.
My Past "Soups"

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, that is always so much fun. Can't wait for my soup to arrive:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I love your photos! The one of all the beads in the soup pot makes me hungry, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete