Saturday, August 15, 2009

Testing the Water...

The good news is, I'm selling more than I ever imagined I would !
The bad news is ,I don't have enough time to do everything I want to do!!!!
I've had to stop and realize I just can not do it all!!!
I'm still afraid to quit the reliable income of my day job for the unreliable income of my clay sales. Creating with clay full time, is my dream . But, I can't do that yet !

This week I had to make some VERY hard decisions about which direction I wanted my clay to take me.

I been involved with dogs in one form or another for ....forever !!!
I've been an obedience trainer and a long time dog groomer .
I've owned a pet shop and worked for big boarding kennel .
Presently I am a veterinary receptionist.
I think I'm about 50% dog hair !!!


Creating my custom pet items has been rewarding on many levels.
However, it is very labor intensive !!!
There just aren't enough hours in the day to fill all my recent orders for wedding cake toppers!
No time left to just play around with clay and test new ideas .

Custom work brings a certain stress to the clay table,
deadlines and a need to create with someone's vision in mind
I NEED the income from my clay work !
But, I also think I need the relaxation and escape , creativity brings me.
After long anxious hours of deliberation I have decided to
stop taking on-line custom orders . I am going take time to consintrate on bringing my new ideas to life.

There are moments in life when change is necessary or at least wise .
Not all of us are comfortable just jumping into the water and hoping we float !
Perhaps we would be better off just doing a big old cannon ball into the pond !
But, I'm going to take change more slowly.
For today I've decided to stop pacing the cage and test new waters !
:) m.e.

PS: the photo is my daughters work . It just fit my mood !

No comments:

Post a Comment